Header Ad

Monday, November 24, 2014

Music Monday: The xx


So lately I've been on a huge music kick, and I wanted to share a little bit of it with you.


I'm not sure if you're familiar with The xx, but if you aren't, you need to get on that ASAP. This English indie pop band has been around since 2009, and features a trio of amazing artists. Their music is utterly aesthetic- that's the first word that comes to mind when listening to them. Each song is so beautifully written, executed, and produced that they seem to paint images in the back of your mind as you listen along.

The biggest part of their music that I enjoy is the almost whisper-like vocals. To me that makes them a fantastic group to constantly listen to, whether I'm studying, writing, relaxing, or getting ready for a night out. They have a very unique and minimalistic sound, with hushed tones and a tragically expressive guitar- the majority of their sound is comparable to an emotionally-charged secret being whispered through the dark.

The group is currently working on their third studio album, which I am beyond pumped for. Most recently their song Together was featured in The Great Gatsby movie, that came out last year.

Honestly I'm crap at explaining just how exquisite their music is. You'll just have to check it out for yourselves.


Photo credit | Thexx.info
Video credit | youtube.com



 
Skimlinks Test