Header Ad

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

5 Things I Wish I Could Be Doing Right Now Instead of Studying forFinals.





Sometimes, I think procrastination is a great talent of mine.


Embarassing Fact. I haven't left thse house since Monday. I have NO idea what temperature it is outside. I brought my french press to my desk this morning so I didn't have to keep getting up for a new cup of coffee. Subsequently, I have a pile of empty Truvia packets also on my desk. I'm not holding anything back from y'all today. I'm on my second french press, and I'm ready to take over the world. Except I'm stuck inside...studying for an exam....

That tragic fact got me to thinking that there's a few things I'd absolutely LOVE to be doing right now instead of sitting at my cluttered desk reviewing for my last test tomorrow, and so I figured I'd share them with you since my brain is about at capacity. And I'm a marvelous procrastinator, if I may say so myself.

 1. Playing in the sun.



As mentioned above, I have no idea actually what it feels like outside, but from my desk I can see the lovely reflection of some sun on my wall and it looks absolutely gorgeous. And it got me really wanting to frolick somewhere outside in the warm sun. Beach, boat, lake- I don't care. I would just love to be somewhere right now in a swimsuit soakin' up those rays.

2. Exploring somewhere new.



Wanderlust is something that is always present in my life. Always has been, always will be. I've learned to cope with it, but on days where I've been stuck inside and when I've been working too hard, it hits me head on. Moving to a new city and state has given me a dose of adventure, and of course now that I'm somewhat settled in here I have the craving to go somewhere else, even if its just for a day. "I'm in love with places I've never been and people I've never met"- isn't that how the saying goes? I'd honestly be down to travel and explore anywhere. Europe, Detroit, Antarctica, a farm... really, anywhere with that new adventure feeling. Where are some of your places you'd want to go?

3. Holiday shopping.



I've been working on my Christmas list for my family for a while now, and I'm ready to start crossing people off of it. I absolutely LOVE giving gifts and finding the perfect one for people- few things in life make me happier, honestly. I wish that I hadn't have been such a procrastinator because I really wanted to make all of my classmates and professors my favorite holiday cookies along with some other fabulous DIY gift, but unfortunately I don't think I have the time before tomorrow. Ugh- I do this every year. 

Regardless, I'm hitting the shops tomorrow night after the exam for a Devine Night Out, which is giving me the perfect excuse to scope out some of the little shops in Columbia I've been dying to pop into since I got into this city. Who knows? Maybe I'll share my favorite finds with you all...

4. Cleaning out my closet.

Now this is something that would actually be productive. I was contemplating sharing a photo of my closet with you all just to show you how necessary it is, but then I noticed the pile of laundry on the floor that is more necessary (and easily larger than me, I'll add) and decided that I'm not trying to scare you all away. This is one of the first things on my list after finals are over though. I thought I did a decent job of it right before the move, but I realized pretty early in the semester that that is not the case. I am so bad at getting rid of things though! Do any of you have any advice for cleaning out closets? Any help would be greatly appreciated :) 

5. Socializing.



I miss my friends. And having a social life. While I LOVE what I'm studying, there's just some times where graduate school sucks the life out of you, and you have to retreat to your desk or the library for days on end in order to survive. I feel I've managed to maintain a pretty good social life while in grad school, but for the past week even when I've gotten together with friends its all been about school. I'm ready to go out, goof off, and spend time chatting about things besides genetics and class.

At least I'll be able to do some of these all in good time... patience is a virtue, no? :)

Now that I've gotten that bit of whining off of my chest, I suppose I should get back to the grind. Anyone have any study tips?



 
Skimlinks Test