Header Ad

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Changes in Latitude...

I've been noticably absent from Indy for the past few months. It started out innocently enough- a trip to South Carolina here, Vegas there. South Carolina again... and wouldn't you know it I fell in love with the South.






So much so that I decided to relocate. 

See! I told you I had some big news for you all. Its just... significantly delayed in its delivery. And for that I terribly appologize. 

By April of this past year I decided that a significant change of scenery was just what my wandering soul needed. Oh, and also I was gosh darn tired of those Indiana winters!


Need I remind you all? 

So, what else was a gal supposed to do except pack up her belongings and cat, and migrate south for a couple of years!



After a couple of tear-filled weeks and honestly wondering if I made the right choice to venture down south of the Mason-Dixon Line (I'll be compltely honest with you), I was nervous albeit beyond excited to hit the road and begin the next big chapter in my life.

Sasha on the other hand, not so much. I was shunned for the majority of the drive, despite putting the saucy minx up in a very nice hotel for the night. What a diva.



Upon arrival I was greeted with the most sultry weather I had experienced... well, possibly ever. It was muggy and sticky and the sun was blaring down on us during the entire day while we unpacked. I'm not going to lie, it was slightly miserable. But once the AC was cranked, necessities were unpacked, and bevs were cracked open, the light at the end of the tunnel that is moving was visible.



Even Sasha agreed that this could be home.

Not to mention it felt even more like home with my spectacular parents helping with the move, and my wonderful sister driving all the way down from DC to surprise me!

Unfortunately, with the craziness of moving and settling into the capitol of the Palmetto state, I did not take a single picture of any humans during the great move!


So here's a photo of 2 fabulous '90's kids, also known as Haley & Fayth

My parents left after 2 days of moving and settling in, while Haley was fantastic and agreed to stay for another day of seeing the sights. And thank goodness she did! The weather was finally nice enough (and we had enough unpacked to justify) seeing the sights of a bit of the city before deciding to hit up the pool. Yup- there's year round pools here. South Carolina has been great to me so far.


The next morning we awoke bright and early for H to grab some Bojangles (apparently a southern staple of chicken and biscuits) before hitting the road back home to work in her classroom. With some tears (on my end- I can't help that I'm a crier), and promises to visit soon, we said our goodbyes and I was left to unpack the rest of my clothes. Because despite 2 incredibly organized women tackling that which is my closet head on for the better portion of a day (thanks again, Mom & H!), it still wasn't enough time to get everything fit in. 

My new place still had plenty of energy left behind by my wonderful family, and of course a few design touches from Mom, so I felt right in my element. Of course, it helped having a furry little friend to warm up the abode! After all, you know what they say.


Home is where your cat is!

In all honestly, the entire move I felt beyond blessed to have such an amazing family and support system to help me through all of life's transitions. It was so bittersweet saying goodbye to my family at the end of the move, and to all of my friends (who are all like family, lets be real) back home, but I am so lucky to know that each and every one of them has my back. I love you all, and I cannot wait to see all of your gorgeous faces when I am back to visit!

Until next time, y'all!
(Because I'm totally allowed to say that now)

 
Skimlinks Test